The client, the largest food and beverage group in the world, specializes in Nutrition, Health and Well-being. Its headquarters is located in Switzerland. It runs around 450 factories, operate in 86 countries and employs around 328,000 people.
In 2003, the Board of Directors decided to implement a web-based application integrated in the existing intranet infrastructure, to track the decisions and capital investments made by branches around the world.
The investment tracking tool mainly covers:
- New projects
- Investment plans + project approval stage
- Purchase tracking (Major, Minor, Small, Unexpected)
- One-off loans
- Additional loans
- Capital expenditure and reported expenditure
- Production of interim mid-year and financial year end reports
Based on Microsoft .NET technology, the application relies on a three-tier architecture with clear separation of the presentation, business and data access layers. The application interacts with several systems on the intranet (security, records, OLAP). AiM was responsible for the entire project, from design and analysis to application deployment.
TECHNOLOGY: Intranet site developed in Microsoft .NET (Framework 4.0), MS SQL Server 2008 database. SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Comprehensive application compliant with technical requirements.
- Business-specific solution matching client organization and compliance.
- Bespoke solution to facilitate business development.